Why is Emotional Intelligence more important than Leaders think?
This is such a huge topic and one that all Leaders, in my experience, need to understand to improve themselves.
There are 3 key aspects to Emotional Intelligence
- How you perceive yourself
- How other see you or at least your impact on others
- How you use emotions to build relationships, manage stress or make decisions
So as a Leader ask yourself a few questions and then reflect on the responses
- How confident are you? You could be too confident or potentially harbouring concerns like Imposter Syndrome?
- How do others react to you, and would they say you are stone hearted or empathetic or even both?
- How optimistic are you and how does that impact your decision making?
As you develop your skills, in Business, as a Leader or Business owner, Emotional intelligence allows you to cope better with day-to-day challenges. Potentially leading to improved performances across any balanced scorecard.
Don’t forget to get in touch if you would like to discuss this further or for help in a similar process – my role as a coach is to help you uncover the future, the opportunity and/or the personal or Leadership development.