Developing great goals is one of the first things you need to do to be successful. It is so important that you give appropriate consideration to these Goals and ensure they are always foremost in your mind. These goals could be Personal Goals, Business Goals or Leadership Goals. Developing a short process to guide yourself on how to manage these Goals is vital. Then acting on these actions to ensure you give yourself the best chance of achieving them.
Then you want to take the following steps
- Write your goals down, put them in a book, or on a whiteboard, or as the main image on your PC. Make them visible. That way they are always front of mind.
- Look at each goal and break down the actions you should be taking for each to give yourself the best chance of being successful.
- Prioritise the actions, what are the most important, and what is involved in each?
- Plan the actions – look at your diary and build a set of very specific developed tasks you will need to do
- Review your diary and note down all the actions or tasks you currently do that do not link directly to your Goals – consider whether these tasks need to be stopped to create capacity and focus.
- Now ensure you focus 100% on the actions that will help you achieve your goals
When reviewing the tasks you do everyday, it I so easy to start doing tasks you like rather than need to do. Finding the balance is key to achieving effective results.
In addition to the above I will always review the tasks I do and assess how well I do them. As part of my own self development, I see what I could do better, faster, or differently. Then I look to challenge myself to improve.
So bringing 100% focus with limited deviation from the tasks, that will help you achieve your targets, is vital to be successful.
Give it a try and if you need help then get in touch and we can review how you do it and what you could do differently to be even more successful.